I am sure you have heard of Christmas in July, right? I have decided to have Thanksgiving in May.
Last May I left school early for maternity leave. May is a beautiful month in central Virginia! Unfortunately, I see very little of it as a fifth grade teacher. My month is consumed by testing, end of year fun days, and graduation. On top of that I have thrown in our housing situation, trying to sell this one so we can renovate another! There are also those two little people who live with me and call me “Mommy!”
I have focused a lot lately on my busyness! I choose today to focus on my thankfulness!
1. I am thankful for God’s grace and mercy! My pastor defined grace as the blessings you don’t deserve and mercy as the lack of punishment you do deserve. My life is what it is because of these two gifts from God.
2. I am thankful for my husband. I have not yet driven him crazy with painting, cleaning, and packing our home. He is patient and kind always! I wish he would share his ability to display patience and kindness at all times!
3. I am thankful that my family is thriving! We have doubled the size of our family in five years. These two kids add a lot of stress, but far more joy to our lives.
4. I am thankful that my greatest worries in life are managing these blessings. I am not worried or afraid for our future. God holds that in his hands.
5. Beyond all else, I am thankful that God is in charge instead of me!
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving in May?